There are many different reasons for infertility. To determine the same and find solutions you should visit a reputed fertility specialist. Visiting your gynecologist for fertility screening singapore can be the correct time to discuss your weight. She would be able to prescribe the correct nutrition that is suitable for you. If you are not in the prescribed weight category, you may invite a lot of complications during pregnancy.
The causes of female infertility may be:
- Ovulation disorders like PCOS, hypothalamic dysfunction, primary ovarian insufficiency, too much prolactin.
- Damages to the fallopian tube which is called tubal infertility
- Cervical causes like polyps, narrowing of the cervix
- Unexplained infertility
The causes of male infertility may be:
- Varicocele, which means swelling of veins that drain the testicles
- Infection that interferes with sperm production
- Ejaculation issues
- Certain types of tumors that affect the reproductive organs
- Hormonal imbalances
- Defects in the tubes that transport the sperms
- Some chromosome defects
- Certain medications
- Prior surgeries that prevent sperm to ejaculate
Weight factor: It is essential to be healthy if you are trying for a baby. Being overweight or underweight can affect the chances of getting pregnant. Both of these conditions indicate that you are not healthy. You should be eating a healthy diet if you want to be in the correct weight range.
You could alternatively speak to people at the clinic over the phone and get to know the information you want. After this, you can get an appointment with the doctor at the clinic and have a discussion with them.